Camp Coffee and Chocolate Logs
Sweet and nutty chocolate logs for the whole family to enjoy.
Cook Time: 2 hrs chilling (15 mins resting)
- 50ml Camp Coffee
- 75g whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 75g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 75g unsalted butter at room temperature, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 350g milk chocolate
- 75g plain biscotti, coarsely crushed
- ½ orange, grated zest only
- 75g icing sugar
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C / 350˚F / gas mark 4.
- 2. Spread the almonds and walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Put the baking sheet into the oven and bake the nuts for 6 minutes or until lightly toasted. Leave to cool.
- 3. Put the butter and chocolate in a heatproof medium bowl and place the bowl over a pan of slightly simmering water. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- 4. Remove the bowl from the heat and add the Camp Coffee, almonds, walnuts, biscotti pieces and orange zest to the mixture. Stir until combined.
- 5. Cover the bowl with cling film. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until the mixture is firm but mouldable.
- 6. Divide the chocolate mixture in half and place half of the mixture into the centre of some cling film.
- 7. Using a spatula, form the mixture into a log, about 7 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. Roll up the log in the cling film and twist the ends to seal. Roll back and forth on a work surface a few times to make the log evenly round.
- 8. Repeat with the remaining chocolate mixture. Once complete, refrigerate the logs for 1 hour or until firm.
- 9. Spread the icing sugar on a dinner plate. Remove the cling film from the logs, and then roll them in the sugar until coated. Leave the logs to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- 10. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the logs into 1/2-inch-thick slices and serve.