Camp Coffee and Mars Rice Krispie Treats
Simple to make, these treats are ideal for little chefs.
Cook Time: 15 minutes (1 hour chilling)
- 2 tbsp Camp Coffee
- 175g Mars bars, roughly chopped
- 75g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g Rice Krispies
- 1. Line a 20cm (8in) square tin with cling film or baking parchment.
- 2. Place the Mars bars and butter into a large pan with the golden syrup, and melt over a low heat, stirring often.
- 3. The contents of your pan may look a little split and lumpy for a while but keep stirring until you end up with a thick, glossy chocolate sauce. When it is smooth, add the Camp Coffee.
- 4. Stir the Rice Krispies into the sauce so they are all covered.
- 5. Using a spatula, pour the mixture into the lined tin and press down firmly to give an even layer. Chill in the fridge for an hour.
- 6. Remove the mixture from the tin. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut into 2-inch squares and serve.