Camp Coffee Banoffee Pie
Take this traditional showstopper to the next level by adding Camp Coffee to the filling.
Cook Time: 5 minutes (30 mins chilling)
For the base
- 2 tbsp Camp Coffee
- 100g butter
- 225g digestive biscuits, crumbed
For the filling
- 1 x 397g can caramel
- 2 bananas
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1. Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat.
- 2. Add the Camp Coffee and digestive biscuit crumbs into the pan and stir to combine.
- 3. Place the mixture into a 20cm (8in) metal flan ring on a lined baking tray and press down. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- 4. Open the canned caramel and spoon on top of the biscuit base. Slice the bananas, sprinkle with lemon juice and arrange on top of the caramel.
- 5. Whip the cream with the Camp Coffee to form soft peaks. When whipped, cover the caramel and bananas with the cream and top with grated chocolate.
- 6. Note - you could leave out the bananas and just have a coffee, toffee pie!