Camp Coffee Loaf
A delicious coffee cake made using gluten-free flour.
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 53ml (3 tbsp) Camp Coffee
- 175g (6oz) unsalted butter, softened, plus extra to grease
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 125 g (4oz) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 50g (2oz) ground almonds
For the coffee icing
- 17ml (1 tbsp) Camp Coffee
- 100g (3.5oz) butter, softened
- 100g (3.5oz) icing sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F fan/Gas Mark 4, then grease and line a 900g (2lb) loaf tin with parchment paper.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then add the Camp Coffee. Gradually beat in the eggs. Fold the flour and ground almonds into the butter mixture, then spoon into the tin.
- 3. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool.
- 4. To make the icing, beat the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until smooth. Beat in the Camp Coffee then spread evenly over the top.