Camp Coffee Meringues
A crisp, light meringue with a distinct coffee note.
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 35ml (2 tbsp) Camp Coffee
- 4 large egg whites
- 200g (7oz) golden caster sugar
- 1. Heat the oven to 100°C/210°F/gas mark 4).
- 2. Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking parchment. Beat the egg whites for several minutes with an electric whisk, or in a mixer, until they are thick and hold firm peaks when you raise the beaters.
- 3. Add the Camp Coffee and then continue to beat the mixture, gradually adding the golden caster sugar a tablespoon at a time, until it is thoroughly incorporated and you have a very thick, glossy meringue.
- 4. Pipe onto the baking tray to make 12 meringues. Try to keep them essentially the same size, Bake for 3 hours, then remove from the oven and leave to cool completely. When cool, use at once or store in an airtight container for a few days.
- 5. Serve with lightly whipped double cream and fresh fruit.