Camp Coffee Mocha Whoopie Pies
Two soft cookies sandwiched with a delicious filling.
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 18ml (1 tbsp) Camp Coffee
- 125g (4½oz) butter
- 150g (5½oz) chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
- 225g (8oz) sugar
- 3 free-range eggs
- 250g (9oz) flour
- 25g (1oz) cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
For the coffee icing
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Camp Coffee
- 150g (6oz) butter, softened
- 275g (10oz) icing sugar, sifted
- Icing sugar, to serve
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ᵒC/350ᵒF/Gas Mark 4.
- 2. Line 2-3 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- 3. Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water).
- 4. Whisk the sugar, eggs and Camp Coffee together in a separate bowl then fold in the chocolate mixture.
- 5. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder together then fold into the chocolate and egg mixture.
- 6. Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the baking trays (the mixture should make 40 biscuits at 25g each) and bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- 7. Remove from the oven and set the biscuits aside on a cooling rack.
- 8. Prepare the filling by beating the butter in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the Camp Coffee and gradually add the icing sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Spread a rounded teaspoon of the creamy filling on the flat side and sandwich together with another.
- 9. Dust with icing sugar to serve.