Camp Coffee Rum and Raisin Ice Cream
A simple to make and delicious coffee ice cream.
Cook Time: 2 hours
- 35ml (2 tbsp) Camp Coffee
- 100g (4oz) raisins
- 70ml (4 tbsp) rum
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 300ml (½ pint) double cream
- 1. Mix the raisins, rum and Camp Coffee in a bowl, set aside to rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Slowly whisk in the caster sugar and continue to whisk until the egg whites are stiff and glossy.
- 3. Whisk the cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. Fold the cream, egg yolks and the raisins into the egg whites.
- 4. Pour into a plastic container and freeze for at least 2 hours.