Chicken, Chilli and Sweet Potato Chowder with Camp Coffee
This rich dish is best served with croutons.
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Schwartz Garlic Granules
- 1/2 tsp Schwartz Chilli Flakes
- 300g sweet potatoes, finely chopped
- 250g frozen sweetcorn kernels
- 250g cooked chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 red pepper, roasted, skinned and diced
- 500ml chicken stock
- 500ml skimmed milk
- 2 tsp Camp Coffee
- 1. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion with the Schwartz Garlic Granules and Schwartz Chilli Flakes for 4-5 minutes.
- 2. Add the sweet potatoes, and the chicken stock and bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook the sweet potatoes for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Add the chicken, sweetcorn, red pepper, skimmed milk and the Camp Coffee and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4. Remove from the pan, place in the blender and blend for 20 seconds or until the chowder is a rough texture.
- 5. Return to the pan and bring to a simmer and then serve.
- 6. NB: if you reserve 1/4 of the chicken and red pepper, you can heat separately and use to garnish your chowder in the bowl.