Chocolate and Coffee Biscotti
The perfect accompaniment to a warm mug of coffee.
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Camp Coffee
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 250g (9oz) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g (2oz) whole blanched almonds
- 50g (2oz) chocolate chips
- 1. Heat oven to 180ᵒC/350ᵒF/Gas Mark 4 and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- 2. Whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
- 3. Fold into the egg mix to make a soft dough, then add the Camp Coffee, the almonds and the chocolate chips and mix through.
- 4. Tip onto a lightly floured surface, divide into 2 and shape into a sausage shape with lightly floured hands, then transfer to baking sheet. Flatten to a 3cm thickness, then bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5. Remove from the baking tray and slide onto a chopping board. Reduce the oven to 150ᵒC/300ᵒF/Gas Mark 2.
- 6. Cut the logs into 1cm thick slices and return to the baking sheet, cut-sides up. Bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp then cool on a wire rack.