Chocolate and Coffee Brioche
A deliciously unique twist on this classic French pastry.
200 minutes (includes 3 hours proving time)
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 71ml (4 tbsp) Camp Coffee
- 7g dried active yeast
- 10ml warm water
- 325g (11oz) plain flour
- 100g (4oz) butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 50g (2oz) chocolate chips
- 1 egg yolk
- 1. Dissolve yeast in warm water and leave to sit until it goes frothy and doubles in volume (about 10 minutes).
- 2. Combine the flour, butter and eggs in a mixer bowl and attach dough hook of mixer. Add the yeast and Camp Coffee and mix for 10 minutes. Cover with a clean cloth and leave so it can rise. (This could take up to 3 hours).
- 3. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Knead dough again for about 1 minute. Add the chocolate chips and knead again to mix in the chips. Brush with egg yolk to glaze and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- 4. Set aside to cool before slicing.