Coffee and Oat Breakfast Muffin
The perfect weekend breakfast treat.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 53ml (3 tbsp) Camp Coffee
- 75g (3oz) unsalted butter
- 250g (9oz) self-raising flour
- 25g (1oz) ground almonds
- 25g (1oz) oats, plus extra for sprinkling on the top before baking
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 150ml (5fl. oz) full fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1. Pre heat the oven to 200ᵒC/ 400ᵒF / Gas Mark 6.
- 2. Melt the butter and set aside. Combine the flour, ground almonds, oats, bicarbonate, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl and combine.
- 3. Whisk together the Camp Coffee, milk and egg and then add the cooled melted butter.
- 4. Pour the liquid onto the dry ingredients and mix with a fork. The batter should be lumpy and you want everything just combined, don't over work it.
- 5. Spoon the mixture into 12 muffin cases, sprinkle with oats and cook for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and serve.