Coffee Beef Stew
A unique twist on this classic winter warmer.
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 89ml (5 tbsp) Camp Coffee
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 450g (1lb) lean beef diced
- 200g (7oz) onions, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp Schwartz Garlic Minced
- 125g (5oz) green pepper, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 5 tbsp dry white wine
- 200 ml (7fl oz) water
- 1 tsp Schwartz Thyme
- 2 Schwartz Bay Leaves
- Schwartz Sea Salt and Schwartz Black Pepper to season.
- 1. Heat oil in a sauté pan over a medium to high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring often, until browned on all sides. Remove meat and keep warm.
- 2. Reduce heat to low and add the onions, garlic and peppers. Cook over a low heat, stirring often, for 10 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring continually, for 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually stir in the wine and coffee.
- 3. Increase heat to medium and bring to simmer, stirring constantly. Return the meat to the pan, season with salt and pepper to taste, add the thyme and bay leaves, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- 4. Remove bay leaves and serve hot.