This is a great coffee cookie and would work well with the addition of chocolate chips or nuts.
130 minutes (includes 2 hours chilling)
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 71ml (4 tbsp) Camp Coffee
- 250g (9oz) unsalted butter
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 200g (7oz) soft light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 400g (14oz) plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1. Put the butter and the sugar into a bowl and cream together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until they are all combined.
- 2. Add the Camp Coffee and mix through. Add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix well until a smooth dough is formed.
- 3. Divide the mixture in half and shape into two rolls about 10cm x 3cm. Wrap in cling film and place in freezer for 2 hours to set.
- 4. Pre-heat the oven to 170°C / 325°F / Gas Mark 3.
- 5. Remove the cling film and cut the logs into discs about 2-3cm thick. Arrange the cookies on 4 trays lined with greaseproof. Make sure that the cookies are spaced apart allowing for spreading while baking.
- 6. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 7. Leave to cool on a wire rack completely. The cookies should be soft and chewy.