Coffee Flapjack Tray Bake
A gooey flapjack with the delicious flavour of Camp Coffee.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 71ml (4 tbsp) Camp Coffee
- 250g (9oz) unsalted butter
- 250g (9oz) golden caster sugar
- 175g (6oz) golden syrup
- 425g (15oz) porridge oats
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180ᵒC/350ᵒF/Gas Mark 4. Generously butter a 28 x 8cm shallow baking tin.
- 2. Melt the butter, sugar and syrup over a medium heat, stirring all the time. Take off the heat and add the Camp Coffee, then stir in the oats. The mixture should be quite soft.
- 3. Tip the mixture into the baking tin and level it off. Bake for around 30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown but the centre is still a little soft. Remove from the oven and mark into 12 pieces while it is still warm, cutting down halfway through the mixture with a sharp knife. Leave to cool.
- 4. Leave to cool before cutting into 12 pieces. Note: They will keep in an airtight tin for up to a week.