Gooey chocolate brownie with a great coffee bite.
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 75ml (4 tbsp) Camp Coffee
- 115g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 170g (6oz) caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 55g (2oz) plain chocolate, melted (minimum 65% cocoa solids)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 55g (2oz) plain flour
- 55g (2oz) cocoa powder
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Grease an 18cm/7in square cake tin and line with non-stick baking parchment.
- 2. In a clean bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Next, gently fold the chocolate into the butter and egg mixture. Add the vanilla extract and Camp Coffee and mix well.
- 3. Add the baking powder, then sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Mix well; the mixture will be quite wet. Spoon the brownie batter into the prepared tin and level out the top with a spatula.
- 4. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool.
- 5. To serve, cut into rectangles and dust with icing sugar.